Get the training you need in the Medical Assistant program at Swedish Institute so that you can be on the road to a new career in what is projected to be one of the country’s fastest-growing fields. Over the course of the next ten years, careers for medical assistants are projected to expand by 29%!**
Why choose Swedish Institute’s Medical Assistant program?
- Established in 1916, Swedish Institute has been training allied health professionals in the New York metropolitan area for 100 years.
- iPad Initiative – Newly enrolled students receive a fully equipped iPad with digital textbooks and useful apps, integrating modern technology for today’s careers. Your iPad graduates with you!
- Medical Assistant Certification exam (RMA) – Our program has been chosen to be a part of the AMT School Recognition Program. Graduates are eligible to sit for the RMA examination.
- Extensive curriculum that provides knowledge of bioscience, clinical procedures and diagnostic techniques, as well as medical office administration.
- Experienced faculty brings a wealth of knowledge and experience into the classroom from their years of experience in the field.
- Practical experience and externships provide students with an opportunity to work in a variety of settings, both in our on-site laboratory and through an externship at a local hospital. Students learn to work and communicate effectively within a medical setting.
- Dedicated Career Services team with one-on-one guidance that is available to graduates for assistance on resume writing, mock interviews, job placement, and networking events.
- Convenient location in Manhattan – Our campus is in the heart of Chelsea, just a few blocks away from Penn Station and many major subway and bus lines.
- Flexible schedules that are designed to accommodate students’ busy lifestyles.
*Applies to full time students only.
**According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.