The Nursing program at Swedish Institute provides students with knowledge of the art and science of nursing in order to meet identified core competencies for safe patient-centered care.
Why choose Swedish Institute’s Nursing program?
- Established in 1916, Swedish Institute has been training allied health professionals in the New York metropolitan area for 100 years.
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- iPad Initiative – Newly enrolled students receive a fully equipped iPad with digital textbooks and useful apps, integrating modern technology for today’s careers. Your iPad graduates with you!
- Extensive curriculum that provides training in patient-centered care, safety, Evidence-Based Practice (EBP), teamwork and collaboration, quality improvement and professionalism.
- Experienced faculty brings a wealth of knowledge and experience into the classroom from their years of experience in the field.
- Practical experience is gained through supervised clinical instruction in a variety of settings including hospitals, clinical and community sites.
- Dedicated Career Services team with one-on-one guidance that is available to graduates for assistance on resume writing, mock interviews, job placement, and networking events.
- Convenient location in Manhattan – Our campus is in the heart of Chelsea, just a few blocks away from Penn Station and many major subway and bus lines.
- Flexible schedules that are designed to accommodate students’ busy lifestyles.
*Applies to full time students only.