The Medical Billing & Coding Certificate Program at Swedish Institute is designed to provide students with the appropriate didactic theory and skills that are required to begin a career in one of the fastest growing branches of the healthcare field. Over the course of the next ten years, careers for medical billers are projected to expand by 22%!**
Why choose Swedish Institute's Medical Billing & Coding Certificate Program?
- Established in 1916, Swedish Institute has been training allied health professionals in the New York metropolitan area for 100 years.
- iPad Initiative – Newly enrolled students receive a fully equipped iPad with digital textbooks and useful apps, integrating modern technology for today's careers. Your iPad graduates with you!
- Medical Billing & Coding Certificate Program exam (NHA CBCS) – Graduates are eligible to sit for this exam.
- Curriculum that provides coverage in insurance practices, hospital and medical office billing, claim processing, medical administrative procedures and regulatory requirements of the healthcare delivery team.
- Experienced faculty brings a wealth of knowledge and experience into the classroom from their years of experience in the field.
- Dedicated Career Services team with one-on-one guidance that is available to graduates for assistance on résumé writing, mock interviews, job placement, and networking events.
- Convenient location in Manhattan – Our campus is in the heart of Chelsea, just a few blocks away from Penn Station and many major subway and bus lines.
- Flexible schedules are designed to accommodate students' busy lifestyles.
*Applies to full-time students only.
**According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.